Happy Saturday! Priscilla here from Nubble Light Designs. Today’s card for the Joy Clair Blog is in honor of the Cinco de Mayo holiday (Spanish for “Fifth of May”). On my card, this spicy cat is celebrating his Mexican-American culture and Cinco de “Meow”. LOL! I created a celebratory background using bright red, orange, and green alcohol inks, with a touch of gold.
I used Joy Clair’s Spicy Like That Digital Set to make today’s card. This set features nine illustrations and eight sentiments designed by CraftyMelinda.com. It’s perfect for party celebrations, Happy Birthday, Cinco de Mayo, and more.
- Created an A2 landscape card base using black cardstock.
- Sized the sentiments “Happy Cinco de Meow” & “Hot Stuff” on my computer and printed them out on Yupo paper using a laser printer.
- Dribbled alcohol ink blending solution and red, orange, and green inks on top of it before using a blower tool to move the solution across the Yupo paper.
- Added small drops of gold alcohol ink on top and blew them across the card.
- Sized the cat for an A2 format on my computer, printed it out, and colored it with Copic Markers, before cutting it out using my Brother “ScanNCut” Machine.
- Foam mounted the cat to the front of the card and added 3 gold pearls for a finishing touch.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I would be so grateful if you use my affiliate links to grab your Joy Clair Goodies! No extra cost to you! And don’t forget to use my coupon code, NUBBLELIGHTDESI, for 5% off every time you shop the Joy Clair Designs Shop.
Stay Safe . . .
Be sure to sign up for Joy Clair Designs newsletters. You will receive notifications of new releases, sales and exclusive offers to subscribers. You can also follow the team’s creations from Joy Clair Designs on Facebook Page, Joy Clair Stamp Projects Facebook Group, Instagram , Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube!