I have designed several cards now with this stamp set . . .I love its clean & simple line art and its striking font style.
With the cards I created today though, I took a different approach. I used only the pumpkin and cornstalk images and not the focal point of the set – the scarecrow. In addition, I went all “non-traditional” on these two cards, using colors or patterns that you don’t normally expect. Let’s get started!
Here are the steps I followed in designing these cards:
- Ink blended the backgrounds using several Distress Oxide inks – “Carved Pumpkin,” “Black Soot,” and “Chipped Sapphire” on the first card and “”Black Soot,” “Blueprint Sketch,” and “Peacock Feathers” on the second.
- Stamped the sentiment “Happy Fall Ya’ll” on both – heat embossing with gold on the first, and silver on the second.
- Stamped the pumpkins and cornstalk with black ink and heat embossed using Tim Holtz Halloween kraft patterned papers on the first card and white card stock colored with an ice blue Spectrum Noir “Tri-Blend” marker on the second.
- Die cut all images using my Brother “Scan & Cut.”
- Grouped and adhered/foam mounted the images on the ink blended top panels and then mounted on to A2 top-folding card bases.
- Added gold/blue sequins to finish off these cards.
And for a final touch, I created envelope liners for both that coordinated with the cards.
Hope you enjoyed these two autumn-themed cards with a “touch of the unexpected!”
Thank you so much for stopping by! Don’t forget to use my coupon code, NUBBLELIGHTDESI, for 5% off every time you shop the Joy Clair Designs Shop.
Stay Safe . . .
Be sure to sign up for Joy Clair Designs newsletters. You will receive notifications of new releases, sales and exclusive offers to subscribers. Also, you can follow Joy Clair Designs on Facebook Page, Joy Clair Stamp Projects Facebook Group, Instagram , Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube!