To make the masking technique is important that you have available masking paper or post it tape. Any masking paper works, you only need to be sure that it don’t hurt your card stock and don’t transfer the ink when you re-stamp. On this card I made a wreath with the small flowers included on the Succulent Frame stamp set. Let me share the steps:
- Stamp the sentiment on the center of the card. I used one of the sentiments included on the Faith Quotes stamp set.
- Die cut a circle onto the masking paper and placed it over the stamped sentiment.
- Stamp the flowers or images that you want to use onto masking paper. Create two or more mask of the same image.
- Fussy cut the mask with scissors just exactly over the stamped lines/
- Start the stamping over the card base. Stamp one image at the time.
- Cover the image stamped on the step 5 and continue stamping all the others using the masking pieces created on steps 3 and 4.
- After be happy with the stamping remove all the masking pieces/
After finish the stamping process, I colored the images with ColourBlend pencils from Spectrum Noir. I used the colors Amethyst, Indigo, Gold Finch, Grass, Shamrock, Amazon Green, Paprika, Lunar Yellow, Pink Blush, Denim Blue, Mauve. In addition, I resized the layer with the embossed edge rectangle die from Kat Scrappiness and added some Purple and Dark Purple Confetti Sprinkles. I pasted the decorated layer over a blue card base.
Thank you for stopping by and remember that next Thursday we will have a new surprise for Christmas in July!
Be sure to sign up for Joy Clair Designs newsletters. You will receive notifications of new releases, sales and exclusive offers to subscribers. Also, you can also follow Joy Clair Designs on Facebook Page, Joy Clair Stamp Projects Facebook Group, Instagram , Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube!