Hello there! Martha Lucia here to share with you a monochromatic coloring technique featuring my stamp set, Martha’s Flowers and the Illustrator Markers from Spectrum Noir. This technique can be realized with any color of marker, you only need to have different tones of the same family color and create shadows with them.
Let me share with you some tips to create this look using this fabulous stamp set of flowers, Martha’s Flowers.
- Stamp the image using Spectrum Noir Finesse Alcohol Proof Die Noir Black Ink onto Spectrum Noir Premium Marker White Pad. You can use a stamping tool if you need to re-stamp the image and to make the image darker.
- Start with the lightest color and make transition layers to the darkest. Use the dark tone to create better shadows or enhance details. In this case that we are used flowers, remember to color one of few petals at the same time to create a better real effect and don’t let the ink of the marker dry.
- Mix the family of colors alternating them or creating special effects with coordinating tones. If use consecutive numbers of the same family color, try to skip one to make the shadow with a darker tone.
- When the coloring process has been completed cut with scissors the image. Take a True Black Illustrator Marker and colored the entire border with it to add a more dramatic effect.
- Cut the card base using the neutral color of card stock of your preference. Stamp the sentiment using Finesse Alcohol Proof Die Black Noir Ink, resize and paste the colored design onto the card from using double sided foam tape.
This Monochromatic sample was realized with the Grey Family of Illustrator Markers. The color palettes were divided on 4 groups to mix them and make it rich. The groups of family used were Ice Grey IG, Brown Grey BG, Blue Grey BGR and Green Grey GG all from Illustrator Markers from Spectrum Noir.
Thank you for stopping by and if you didn’t visited the Joy Clair Store recently, I suggest that you do. New products has been added to the store and now you can find die cuts from amazing brands and designs, a complete collection of stencils and some crafty essentials and tools. You can see all the new things HERE!