Hi, Joy Clair Friends! Cathy on the blog with a fun mini-slimline sized card today. I love making mini-slimline cards. For this one, I created a cluster of three small butterflies from the You Fill My Day Digital Stamp set.
Mini Slimline Card Design Recipe
- Using the png version of the digital stamp, I reduced the size of the butterfly, duplicated it three times, and then arranged them in a line.
- I printed the line of three butterflies and sentiment using my inkjet printer.
- Next, I colored them with Prismacolor Premier Pencils. I was going for rainbow order in the coloring.
- The colored image was die cut using the second largest of Gina Marie’s Wonky Stitched Rectangle Mini Slimline Dies.
- I die cut the sentiment.
- Next came the card construction. I mounted the butterfly panel on white paper. I then adhered it to the 3.5″ x 6″ mini-slimline sized card base of colored card stock.
- I mounted the sentiment on foam and finally adhered a variety of embellishments on the card.
When coloring the butterflies, I left white in key spots on each of them. The small spaces made this a good card to color with with pencils. I generally color from light to dark and use a light touch until I finish off with shading when using pencils. The butterflies are finished off with a coat of Wink of Stella for some shimmer.
Thanks for stopping by the Joy Clair blog today. Hope you are inspired to try making a mini-slim sized card yourself. ~Cathy
Please sign up for Joy Clair Designs newsletters. Subscribers receive notifications of new releases, sales and exclusive offers. You can also follow the team’s Joy Clair Designs creations on Facebook Page, Joy Clair Stamp Projects Facebook Group, Instagram , Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube!