Hi there friends and fellow crafters, it’s LeeAnn and I am here today with a project I made using the Joy Clair Designs stamp “Grunge Flag“. In the United States Flag Day is celebrated on June 14, commemorating the date the flag of the United states was first adopted by the Second Continental Congress in 1777.
- To make this flag first I stamped the Grunge Flag image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Once dry I used my embossing buddy over the whole image
- Stamped over it using VersaMark sticky ink.
- I then sprinkled Judikins Sticky Embossing Powder over the image
- Used my heat tool to set it.
- I cut 2 panels of Gina K foil, Brilliant Blue and Red Velvet to fit the sections of the image. Now I did something that was a first for me. I usually foil in my laminator or Mini Minc, however by using that sticky embossing powder a new way was made.
- Gathering the plates for my Vagabond 2 die cutting machine, I had my main platform, then a new plate, my flag panel, the foils silver side down, then another new plate
- Ran them through the machine.
- Once out the other end I took the flag panel back to my desk
- Peeled away the foil and was very happy with the result.
So, now you have had a little history lesson behind my project today. Please hop on over to the Joy Clair Designs website and pick up your “Grungy Flag” stamp today.