Happy Saturday! Priscilla here from Nubble Light Designs. Today’s project for the Joy Clair Blog is another art journal spread using one of the images from a Joy Clair “Extraordinary” stamp collection. Creating these art journal spreads are so fun and have allowed me to tap into another type of creative energy versus always making cards. Make sure to check out another recent art journal spread I created HERE.
Extraordinary Digital Stamps features three contemporary elements embellished with flowers and multiple details. A special letter, a bee, and a pair of old boots can be transformed in something real extraordinary. This stamp set also includes two coordinated sentiments for special occasions.
My project not only incorporates the beautiful floral letter image, but also some stamping, an acrylic paint background, and torn patterned papers elements . . . all with a vintage flair. Let’s get started!
Journal Creation Details:
- Created a backdrop by brushing Distress Paint in “Antique Linen” on both pages.
- Sized and printed the sentiment “You make the ordinary extraordinary” from the Extraordinary collection onto a piece of diamond patterned paper to fit the right hand page and adhered.
- “Distressed” all page edges with “Vintage Photo” ink.
- Tore “Graphic 45” floral and script papers to fit in the bottom left corner of the left page and adhered.
- Adhered two coordinating journaling cards above the torn papers.
- “Distressed” all of these elements also using “Vintage Photo” ink.
- Stamped a pointing finger above the journaling cards using Distress Oxide ink in “Vintage Photo.”.
- Sized and printed the floral envelope image, colored with Copic markers, fussy cut out, distressed the edges, and adhered to the right hand page.
- Stamped and fussy cut out a fountain pen image from the my stash and adhered below the sentiment.
- Stamped some script below the envelope using Distress Oxide ink in “Vintage Photo.”
- Brushed Ranger “Multi-Matte Medium” over the two-page spread to seal it.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I would be so grateful if you use my affiliate links to grab your Joy Clair Goodies! No extra cost to you! And don’t forget to use my coupon code, NUBBLELIGHTDESI, for 5% off every time you shop the Joy Clair Designs Shop.
Stay Safe . . .
Be sure to sign up for Joy Clair Designs newsletters. You will receive notifications of new releases, sales and exclusive offers to subscribers. You can also follow the team’s creations from Joy Clair Designs on Facebook Page, Joy Clair Stamp Projects Facebook Group, Instagram , Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube!