Happy Sunday Crafters! Priscilla here from the Joy Clair Design Team. Today’s card was inspired by Joy Clair Designs’s January Mood Board, which features rich blues, bright reds, crisp white tones, and chilly winter images.
This Mood Board inspired me to create this wintery card for a friend. My card features a polar bear decked out in a cable knit sweater and scarf, standing in the mist of falling snow, just saying “Hello!”
I used Joy Clair‘s Making Memories Digital Set to make today’s card. This set features 3 funny and cute holiday bear illustrations and 5 sentiments.
- Created an A2 card base using white smooth card stock.
- Adhered a layer of red cardstock on top of the base.
- Cut a dark layer slightly smaller than the red, streaked it with medium blue ink to create texture, and then used a snow stencil and white grit-paste to create a snowy background.
- Printed out the polar bear from the Making Memories Digital Set, colored with Copic Markers, and cut out using a Brother “ScanNCut” machine.
- Paper pieced the bear’s scarf and sweater using patterned papers from the Pink Paislee Together for Christmas Collection 6 x 8 Paper Pad.
- Die cut a sloping hill and covered it with white grit-paste
- Printed the sentiment “Hello There” from the Joy Clair Hello There Digital Set on white smooth card stock and foiled it with red foil and my laminator.
- Die cut the area around the sentiment with a stitched cloud border die and adhered it to the top left hand corner of the card.
- Foam mounted the polar bear to the front of the card.
- Adhered 5 red stars on the cloud for a finishing touch.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I would be so grateful if you use my affiliate links to grab your Joy Clair Goodies! No extra cost to you! And don’t forget to use my coupon code, NUBBLELIGHTDESI, for 5% off every time you shop the Joy Clair Designs Shop.
Stay Safe . . .
Be sure to sign up for Joy Clair Designs newsletters. You will receive notifications of new releases, sales and exclusive offers to subscribers. You can also follow the team’s creations from Joy Clair Designs on Facebook Page, Joy Clair Stamp Projects Facebook Group, Instagram , Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube!