Happy Monday! Priscilla here from Nubble Light Designs. Today’s card for the Joy Clair Blog was inspired by Joy Clair Designs’s May Mood Board, which features a bold combination of black, white, and yellow, and springtime images, including bees and flowers. I also combined black embossing and foiling to showcase some additional techniques on this card.
I used Joy Clair’s Extraordinary Digital Stamps to make today’s card.
This set features three contemporary elements embellished with flowers and multiple details. A special letter, a bee, and a pair of old boots can be transformed in something real extraordinary. This stamp set also includes two coordinated sentiments for special occasions.
- Created an A2 portrait card base using white smooth card stock.
- Die cut a slightly smaller layer and used clear embossing ink and black embossing powder over a gingham patterned stencil and heat set.
- Printed out the bee/flower image from the stamp set and colored it using Copic Markers.
- Added glaze to the bee’s wings and 3 rhinestones to the bee’s back.
- Colored a piece of cardstock with the same Copic Markers I used for the bee’s body and then printed out the sentiment, “You make the ordinary extraordinary” on it using a laser printer and cut it out.
- Foiled the sentiment by running it through my Minc Machine using black foil.
- Adhered the sentiment strip before foam mounting the bee/flower to the card front.
- Adhered 3 yellow enamel dots for a finishing touch.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I would be so grateful if you use my affiliate links to grab your Joy Clair Goodies! No extra cost to you! And don’t forget to use my coupon code, NUBBLELIGHTDESI, for 5% off every time you shop the Joy Clair Designs Shop.
Stay Safe . . .
Be sure to sign up for Joy Clair Designs newsletters. You will receive notifications of new releases, sales and exclusive offers to subscribers. You can also follow the team’s creations from Joy Clair Designs on Facebook Page, Joy Clair Stamp Projects Facebook Group, Instagram , Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube!